Plate mounting tape for photopolymer plates in flexographic printing
tesa Softprint® 52017 STM is a double-coated foam tape, designed specifically for mounting photopolymer plates with a
thickness of 1.14mm (0.045″) or 1.70 mm (0.067″) in flexographic label printing.
The soft foam makes this the ideal solution in printing screens and line work.
• Highly compressible foam, with superior recovery behavior for excellent print quality
• Long lasting recovery characteristic for extended and high speed print runs
• Low thickness tolerances for quick print preparation and reduced waste
• High bonding on open side to steel cylinder or sleeve to avoid plate movement
• High bonding to plate to avoid edge lifting or plate movement
• Non increasing bonding power for easy repositioning and especially for easy demounting of plate and tape
• Very cohesive adhesive structure for demounting without adhesive residues
• The structured PP-liner prevents the formation of air pockets when plate mounting
• Red color marking indicates the hard foam
tesa Softprint® 52017 STM is a 380μm (15 mil) category double-coated foam tape, designed specifically for mounting
photopolymer plates with a thickness of 1.14 mm (0.045″) or 1.70 mm (0.067″) in flexographic label printing.
Technical Information (average values)
The values in this section should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification
• Backing material PE foam with film lamination
• Total thickness 430 μm
• Thickness category 380 μm
• Type of adhesive tackified acrylic
• Type of liner PP
• Logo color red
• Hardness soft