Fineline tape for design painting in the automotive paint shop
tesa® 4244 PV0 is a flexible soft PVC tape with a natural rubber adhesive for fineline masking if a very sharp paint edge is
required, especially on painted or unpainted plastic parts. The 110 μm thickness helps to implement good and sharp paint
edges, while the soft PVC of the tapes offers good conformability.
With a temperature resistance of 140°C/1h, tesa® 4244 PV0 is targeting mid-temperature masking applications, such as car
Standardized and customized applicators for tesa® 4244 PV0 are available to ensure efficient tape application.
• Temperature resistance of up to 140°C/1h
• Conformability with the dimensional change during oven drying
• Good conformability with multidimensional surfaces
• Edge does not lift off and residue-free removal
tesa® 4244 PV0 is suitable for various types of masking applications.
Example applications are:
• Car bumper masking applications
• Masking applications in tight and narrow curves and difficult 3-D shapes
• Masking with special requirements in regard to PVC or halogen usage
To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates
involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Technical Information (average values)
The values in this section should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification
• Backing material PVC film
• Total thickness 110 μm
• Type of adhesive natural rubber
• Elongation at break 237 %
• Tensile strength 27 N/cm
• Temperature resistance 140 °C
• Temperature resistance (PPEPDM) 140 °C
• Temperature resistance (paint) 140 °C